About the Specialty:
Interventional Neuroradiology/Neurointerventional surgery is specialty deals with minimal invasive approach to diagnose and treat various neurovascular disorders of brain and spine including stroke, cerebral aneurysms, arteriovenous malformation, carotid stenosis and extracranial vascular malformations. Management of these diseases is often challenging and involves multidisciplinary team approach. Neurointervention specialty offers treatment using endovascular approach (minimally invasive) i.e. through vascular access, using various catheters and other materials without any open surgery.
A) Neurovascular Interventions-
- Ischemic stroke- Entire spectrum of acute stroke management including intravenous thrombolysis, mechanical thrombectomy and neurorehabilitation facilities to stroke patients.
- Cerebral aneurysm- Endovascular coiling, balloon remodeling, stent and flow diverter placement for the management of aneurysms. We have integrated neurovascular unit for the management of acute subarachnoid hemorrhage.
- Cerebral Vasospasm- Intra-arterial chemical vasodilatation.
- Cerebral Arteriovenous malformation/ Dural AVF- Endovascular embolization using glue/onyx and surgical excision in close collaboration with neurosurgery department.
- Carotid stenosis- Carotid stenting.
- Intracranial stenting for stroke
- Spinal interventions- including spinal angiography, spinal AVM embolization, embolization of tumors.
- Head and neck vascular malformation- sclerotherapy/ embolization and surgical excision.
- Cerebral venous thrombosis- in situ thrombolysis and thrombectomy
- Venous sinus stenting- for idiopathic intracranial hypertension
- Carotico-cavernous fistula- Endovascular coiling
- Neurovascular Imaging such as Catheter angiography(DSA), MRA, CTA, perfusion imaging and carotid doppler.
B) Body vascular interventions-
- Embolization for gastrointestinal hemorrhage/ hemoptysis/ post-trauma bleed
- TIPSS/DIPSS for portal hypertension
- Hepatic vein/IVC stenting for Budd Chiari Syndrome
- Biliary drainage and stenting (PTBD)
- BRTO for gastric varices
- Endovascular stenting for peripheral vascular diseases/diabetic foot
- Dialysis access complication management and permacath insertion
- Varicose vein endovenous laser ablation/sclerotherapy
- Acute DVT thrombectomy and stenting
- Central venous stenosis/occlusion stenting
- Vascular malformation- sclerotherapy/embolization
- Indian Society of Vascular and Interventional Radiology
- Indian Society of Neuroradiology
- Society of Therapeutic Neurointervention
- Indian Radiology & Imaging Association